Saturday 3 December 2011

The starting blocks

Some basic information to get things started:

  • I'm a bloke
  • 6'2"
  • Weigh approximately 12 stone or 168 lbs
  • Currently running 5km in about 23-25 minutes
  • Vertical jump - I can only just scrape finger tips against a standard height ring

I'm unsure what realistic targets for the period will be but I'm looking to be able to complete:
  • 35 minutes of interval running on a treadmill (incline 1, 2 minutes sprint, 30 sec rest)
  • Able to comfortably grasp the ring of a standard height basketball hoop
  • Improved general ball handling skills, especially left handed dribble and simple cross-overs

Training regime is very slack at current time, with approx 1 x 2 hour basketball game a week, 1 x 1.5 hour basketball training session a week and typically 1 other activity for approx 1 hour session, typically the gym.

The next few days will see me start to compile suggested training routines, eating expectations (I'm not dieting or anything too dramatic but intend to keep track of diet for others to compare against), protein and supplement intakes and finally any additional resources required / at my disposal.

With the above in mind I'd be terribly greatful for any suggestions anyone has to work into any of the above, or indeed add to it.

Who knows what 6 weeks or so can bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment